With more and more users deciding to install an AIS receiver or transponder, the biggest issue surrounding the equipment is the installation of the extra antennas that are required. An AIS receiver or transponder requires a VHF antenna but Digital Yacht’s new SPL2000 AIS-VHF antenna splitter allows an existing antenna to be used for both the AIS and DSC VHF and even with an AM/FM radio. Unlike most simple splitters, it can also be used with a class B transponder system (although you will still require a dedicated GPS antenna for transponder systems) and it incorporates special circuitry to ensure safe operation of the two transmitting devices.
The unit has four simple connections – one input for the main VHF antenna and then outputs for the AIS receiver/transponder, DSC VHF as well as an optional car radio output. It utilises Digital Yacht’s new, patented, ZeroLossTM technology, to ensure the very best possible reception and transmission from all devices. Most importantly, it is also failsafe so should the unit ever stop working or lose power, it will not affect the main VHF operation. The unit is waterproof and matches the aesthetics of the current range of transponders and receivers, so can easily be integrated into any vessel. It is suitable for operation on 12V or 24V systems.
Features at a glance:
- Allows main VHF antenna to be utilised for AIS and DSC VHF
- Patented ZeroLossTM technology for exceptional performance
- Works with Class B AIS transponders and receivers
- AM-FM radio antenna outlet too (integrated in power cable)
- 12/24V operation and low power consumption
- Fail safe operation
- Matches AIT2000 Class B transponder
- Supplied with VHF & AIS patch cable