We are pleased to announce a new update is now available for our popular NavLink UK and NavLink US apps for iPhones/iPads. The update which existing users can get free of charge from the App store provides the following new features;
– External NMEA GPS support – great for iPads without built-in GPS (also supports GPS from AIS transponder).
– Rate of turn vectors showing bending ship course prediction.
– Relative scale ship icons – so big ships appear bigger.
– Ship names displayed on map – so you can see the ships’ names without having to tap on them.
– Ships drawn at true scale size when zoomed in on the map – vital for seeing the size of the gap or passage around large vessels.
Our NavLink apps which work with all of our wireless NMEA servers are perfect for anyone that wants to wirelessly receive AIS and GPS data from their boat’s AIS system. For more information click on the links below.
NavLink UK which includes UKHO vector charts for UK+Ireland and optional in-app purchase for other North European charts.
NavLink US which includes NOAA vector charts for the US