Most yachts above 50ft are now equipped with either a Class A or Class B AIS transponder. Any superyacht carrying more than 12 passengers or over 300GRT is mandated to carry a Class A transponder like our CLA1000 – details here
But how about the yacht’s tenders or jetskis?
Adding a low cost Class B transponder to a yacht tender or jetski allows it to be easily tracked for safety and security. The Digital Yacht AIT2000 Class B transponder will provide regular 30 second transmissions of the tender’s position, course and speed and allow positive identification of the tender from the mother ship. What’s more there’s no running costs or internet connectivity required for tender tracking with AIS unlike cellular based solutions.
The AIT2000 can also connect to a compatible plotter fitted on the tender to allow an AIS overlay of targets as well as making it easy for the helmsman to locate the mother ship.
Our new GV30 combo GPS-VHF antenna is ideal too for an unobtrusive installation.
Here’s a reminder of some of the features of our AIT2000
- AIT2000 – ultra compact Class B AIS transponder
- Fit and forget solution – Waterproof to IP65
- Supplied with GPS antenna – requires connection to VHF antenna or suitable splitter such as SPL2000 or can be supplied with our new GV30 combo GPS-VHF antenna
- Features dual NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and USB interfaces for maximum flexibility
- Remote silence/transmit inhibit feature
- Class B AIS transmissions every 30 seconds for real time tracking
On board the mother ship, our WLN10HS NMEA to WiFi server can be fitted to yacht’s main AIS system to allow wirelss tender tracking on crew or guest’s iPad/Phone – neat eh? The WLN10 will typically footprint NMEA data over a boat up to 35m in length so crew can use an iPad or iPhone for navigation and tender tracking with apps like NavLink, iNavX and iAIS.